FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
|General | Airplanes
| Powerplants | Kit Contents
and Optional Items | Financing & Insurance | SuperFloats
Assembly & Builder Assistance Questions | Rules and Regulations | Airshows, Demo Flights, Factory Tours
"How do you manage to provide such great performance, high useful loads, low construction times, etc. at such affordable prices?"
Yes, were proud of our products and believe that they offer fantastic value to
pilots. Our specialty is utility airplanes built of composites. In your note,
you identified our priorities accurately: high useful loads, low construction times,
High useful loads are accomplished by a combination of:
1) high lift airfoils - not as fast, but they sure climb well
2) high gross weights (requires very strong airframes to carry loads, big powerplants, etc.) and
3) very careful control of weight during parts manufacturing to minimize empty weights while still achieving our other goals.
Low construction times are accomplished by:
1) staying with a very simple low parts count design. We keep it simple.
2) providing sub-assembly parts with a high degree of finish (for example, all exterior parts are supplied with a high quality Gelcoat finish that eliminates hundreds of hours of finishing work that would otherwise be needed).
3) Using simple materials and systems that do not require specialized skills to complete.
Reasonable prices are accomplished by:
Using only cost-effective manufacturing processes - we do not employ expensive techniques that require high-volume manufacturing to justify. Overhead (facilities, staffing, etc.) and marketing costs are kept to a minimum to provide our customers with as much value as possible for their investment.
Yes, anyone with the motivation and desire to do so can assemble one of our airplane kits. In return, they get a brand new airplane that fulfills their personal objectives. The pride and satisfaction of building and flying your own airplane is something that you will treasure for a lifetime.
back to Frequently Asked Questions
7017 Challenger Ave., Titusville,
Florida 32780 USA .
Phone: (321) 452-7168, (321) 267-4004 -- Web: www.compairinc.com
Comp Air 6.2 Comp Air 12 | | Comp Air 9 | Comp Air 10XL | Comp Air 8 | Comp Air 7SLX
Comp Air 7 | Comp Air 6 | Comp Monster | Comp Air 3 | Walter Turboprop
AIRPLANES | PRICES |
DOWNLOADS | PRESS ARTICLES
STREAMING VIDEO | OWNERS | FAQ | ASSEMBLY PHOTOS | SEARCH | CONTACT
©COPYRIGHT 2006 Comp Air, Inc. All rights reserved.